There’s nothing like a plate of hot, crispy fries. But sometimes, it’s just not practical to make them from scratch.
That’s where the microwave comes in handy! This post will show you How to microwave frozen fries for a quick and easy meal.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 Can You Microwave Frozen Fries?
- 2 Best Way To Microwave Frozen Fries
- 3 How Long To Cook Frozen Fries In The Microwave?
- 4 Tips On How To Microwave Frozen Fries
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Can You Microwave Frozen Fries?
So, can you cook frozen fries in the microwave?
Of course, it is possible to cook frozen chips in the microwave. However, it is important to use a special tool or technique, or else the fries will be soggy and not crispy. As such, we recommend either cooking them over an air fryer—where there’s no need for oil or an oven.
A great way to remake frozen dishes from last night’s dinner is with the help of your microwave.
You can either use homemade, store-bought, but if they don’t have any salt on them, be sure and add some before cooking because it’s not possible for this dish without spice!
Best Way To Microwave Frozen Fries
Putting frozen French chips in the microwave produces crispy, delectable results without using an oven. When using an air fryer or microwave, for this reason, make sure there are no ice particles, so you don’t end up with water on your plate after taking them from the device!
Microwave the chips for about two minutes on high power (make sure to level them out, so they heat evenly), then remove and sprinkle with olive or vegetable oil to protect them from getting soggy.
How Long To Cook Frozen Fries In The Microwave?
In this fast-paced lifestyle, we lead with little time for ourselves or those who love us most in mind; but there has never been an easier way than right now – through the power of food! The key lies within your own hands: a simple hot and crispy dish in the microwave.
So, how long to cook frozen fries in microwave? The answer is right here!
- It would help if you first washed the frozen potatoes. Soak the potatoes in cold water for 10-15 minutes with a little salt (skip this step if they are already sliced).
- To drain, place the potatoes on a clean cotton towel or a clean paper towel.
- A small amount of cooking oil is sprayed on the surface of the potato. Then, before serving, put a little salt and pepper on top of the potatoes to enhance flavor.
- The potatoes are uniformly distributed on a white ceramic plate designed for microwave ovens. Make sure to place them equally, and don’t allow any potato pieces to overlap. Top with a bit of extra oil.
- Microwave on high (approximately 400W) for 3 minutes the first time. Turn the potatoes once after the initial spin and continue spinning for another 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, remove the batch of potatoes and check the crispness; if you are not happy or want it to be more crispy, place it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute for crispy, and you’re done.
- This dish is best served hot with ketchup or cheese sauce.
Tips On How To Microwave Frozen Fries
Microwaving frozen chips is a tricky business, but you can do it. With just the right ingredients, cooking time, and oil temperature, you’ll have crunchy, delicious palettes in no time at all!
Microwaves help cook fries quickly because they use hot air inside the appliance. The circulation of this heated ambient temperature helps fry unevenly, which produces that delicious crunchy sound you love so much!
To get the best results with your microwaved dishes, here are a few of my tips for you:
- Spread the potatoes equally on a level surface, taking care not to put too many at once.
- You may use your crisper pan or cooking paper on an oven-safe plate to save time and save the inconvenience of washing dishes.
- With this method, you’ll never have to worry about undercooking your chips again. Place around 250 grams of frozen French fry supplement in a microwave-safe dish for each time.
- Always use a high-power setting on your microwave oven (at least 100W or more).
- Switch the chips from one side to another at regular intervals to achieve uniform cooking. Avoid using a defrost setting, and don’t let them get too hot since they will dry up rapidly!
Do you defrost frozen fries before cooking in the microwave?
No need to thaw frozen fries before microwaving! Cooking is so easy; you can even do it in 10 minutes from the freezer. Just make sure that your portion is small enough and check on them often—they don’t take long at all (just about 5 1/2 -6 minutes).
There might be ice particles all over, but this won’t affect their cooking time or taste one bit since these little guys are designed specifically for microwave use anyways.
Why does the microwave make fries soggy?
Microwaves destroy the crispiness of your beloved chips. It initially heats the interior of your chips, then as it cooks, moisture evaporates, leaving crispiness behind.
But there is a technique to keep them wet and tasty. Remember to use microwave-safe containers. Allow it to cool slightly after boiling, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Are microwaving fries bad?
Microwaving chips are not the best way to cook them because they can end up soggy, and their original texture will be destroyed.
It’s also known that when you microwave your food, water molecules are triggered, which in turn raises temperatures unevenly throughout each piece of cooked produce – this leads fried foods to taste bitterness from rancid oils.
Microwave posts: https://chefcaseythompson.com/category/cooking/microwave/
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal, look no further than microwave frozen chips. And here, we have presented to you How to microwave frozen fries, an easy and effective way.
These chips are perfect for a quick and tasty snack or meal. Plus, they’re super easy to make – all you need is a microwave!
So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it! Enjoy your treat, and thank you for joining us!